In your face, gypsy soothsayer! The tea-leaf reader Roman and I consulted at this summer’s Appleby Horse Fair said Tally-Ho Corner wouldn’t see its third birthday. There was mention of a white stag with bloody hooves, a “troubled troubadour”, and an accident involving a Husqvarna K970 disc cutter, all of which turned out to be complete bobbins. True, Madame Carla did correctly predict that I’d end-up spending a portion of Old Hallowmass Eve “inside a dragon skull”, but that could easily have been a lucky guess.
For new and irregular readers, here are some of the things you may have missed during the past twelve months.
2023 was the year…
- Cornerites made October a month to remember.
- Every single day during the summer, there was something new to read on THC.
- Twenty-one games underwent trial by 3×3.
- I penned around 300 separate A2Z stories.
- For once, no pixeltruppen were harmed during the making of one of my AARs.
- 101: The Airborne Invasion of Normandy and Panzer Elite were inducted into the Dusty But Trusty hall of fame.
- For the first time ever Comment Commander fought Comment Commander during the annual Combat Mission clashathon.
- I sung the praises of modern marvels such as Nuclear Option, Reentry, Rise of the White Sun, and Undaunted Normandy…
- A 120-year-old book bagged a Friday feature.
- Cornerites braved snow, a rough-riding Class 142, and Roman’s early morning grumpiness during a TSW4-powered trip across western Lancashire.
- My Chief Foxer Setter was as industrious, inventive, and fiendish as ever.
None of the above would have been possible without the airlifters – the kind souls whose monthly subscriptions and occasional donations keep the wolf from my welcome mat. If you’re one of THC’s small band of benefactors, or help out by spreading the word on forums and social media…